Enjoy entertaining friends and family on the weekend? Want to cook quick and easy midweek meals? Like your kitchen gadgets to have more than one use? Want to cook more fresh ingredients? If the answer is yes to any of these questions, then the Cuisinart Cook In is for you! The Cook In from Cuisinart is a compact and stylish multi-cooker that grills, sears steams, simmers and cooks anything from a meal for one to a big family meal. Delicious, freshly cooked meals can be prepared without the need of multiple pots and pans which means less washing up!
So, what can the Cuisinart Cook In do?
The Cuisinart Cook In comes supplied with everything you need to sear, grill, saute, steam, stew and cook. Finished in an attractive Midnight Grey and with a compact footprint, it will look great if left out on a worktop but won’t take up valuable space if stored away in a cupboard or on a shelf. Quick to heat up (you can start cooking in less than 6 minutes), this multi cooker has a temperature range of 90°C - 220°C making it perfect for a wide range of cooking tasks - whether it be a classic chilli con carne or a perfectly cooked steak. And with just one variable temperature dial, it is super easy to use. Just select the required temperature, wait for the light to turn green and you are good to go. Cleaning the Cuisinart Cook In is also easy thanks to the dishwasher safe parts (always a bonus!).
Cook In dimensions: Height 24.7cm x Width 43.2cm x Depth 25.7cm.
The Cook In weighs approximately 7.3kg.
For your peace of mind the Cuisinart Cook In is supplied with a 3 year Cuisinart guarantee.
The versatility of the Cook In is its ability to cook in different ways:
COOK - Using the non-stick deep pan, the Cook In is perfect for stews, casseroles, curries and chilli. The deep pan can also be used to brown or saute base ingredients prior to adding liquids and sauces. Use the glass lid when cooking to retain moisture.
STEAM - The Cuisinart Cook In can delicately steam anything from artichokes and broccoli to fish, chicken breasts and sponge puddings thanks to the steaming tray. Simply add water to the deep pan, add the steaming tray and cover with the glass lid.
GRILL - Sear meat and grill burgers, fish and vegetables on the Cook In using the non-stick grill plate. Food is cooked quickly with maximum flavour using less fat - perfect for a delicious grilled steak. The glass lid can be used to minimise splashing.
What's in the box?
The Cuisinart Cook In is supplied with the following items:
NON-STICK COOKING PAN - use this deep, non-stick pan when sauteeing ingredients or when cooking recipes with sauces.
STAINLESS STEEL STEAMING TRAY - use this inside the cooking pan for quick and easy steaming.
NON-STICK GRILL PLATE - ideal for healthier cooking, use this non-stick grill pan for perfectly grilled results using less oil.
GLASS LID - for use with the cooking pan when cooking sauces or when steaming. Can also be used when sauteeing to minimise splashing.
Cook In Style
The Cuisinart Cook In is part of Cuisinart’s Style Collection - a range of appliances in gorgeous complementary colour ways that are designed to make a statement in the kitchen. The Style collection, which includes kettles, toasters, seasoning mills, food processors and more, allows you to create a coordinated look to your kitchen appliances.
Other popular Cuisinart products
A little more about Cuisinart
Cuisinart started life in 1971 by Carl Sontheimer with the aim of introducing the electric food processor to the American market. A portmanteau of ‘cuisine’ and ‘art’, the company became synonymous with food processors. Today, Cuisinart’s aim is to design products that make good food easier and more enjoyable to make at home. With a collection that exceeds far beyond the original food processor, Cuisinart’s broad range of products are perfect for any occasion, whether that be adventurous fine dining and special occasions or a mid-week ‘in a rush’ meal.
Cook In Recipes
Here are three delicious, yet simple recipes that can all be made in the Cuisinart Cook In.
CHICKEN IN TARRAGON
This delicious chicken in tarragon sauce recipe is quick and easy to make. Serve with seasonal greens and potatoes - perfect for a mid-week dinner.
Servings: 4. Prep Time: 10 minutes. Cook Time: 30 minutes.
8 chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. olive oil
4 garlic cloves, skin on and lightly crushed
1 lemon, quartered
8 spring onions, topped and tailed
1 tbsp. tarragon, chopped, plus whole leaves to garnish
50ml dry white wine, optional (or an extra 50ml stock, if not using)
150ml chicken stock
2 tbsp. full fat crème fraiche
- Generously season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Using the COOKING PAN, pre-heat the Multi Cooker to MEDIUM-HIGH. When the green light shows, add the butter and olive oil.
- Add the chicken thighs, skin side down. Allow to cook for several minutes, so that the skin begins to colour.
- Turn the chicken over and cook for several minutes, adding the garlic, lemon wedges, chopped tarragon and spring onions.
- Continue to cook, with the lid off, for 5 - 10 minutes, until the chicken is evenly browned.
- Add the wine and allow to bubble, until slightly reduced.
- Add the stock and stir everything together to combine.
- Place the lid on the Multi Cooker and turn the heat down to LOW-MEDIUM. Cook for a further 20 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
- Stir in the crème fraiche, check for seasoning and heat through.
- Serve with peas and a generous helping of sauce. Scatter with tarragon leaves.
Souvlaki is a traditional, Greek street food, usually served with tzatziki and grilled flatbreads or pitta. Try this recipe, which is simple to make and full of flavour, for some home-made Greek cuisine - perfect for a family dinner or to share with friends.
Servings: 4. Prep Time: 30 minutes (plus 2 hours marinating). Cook Time: 25 minutes.
For the Lamb Souvlaki - Makes 4 kebabs:
200g lamb, diced into 12 cubes
1 red onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
For the Chicken Souvlaki - Makes 4 kebabs:
200g chicken breast, diced into 12 cubes
½ red pepper, de-seeded and cut into 8 squares
½ yellow pepper, de-seeded and cut into 8 squares
For the Prawn Souvlaki - Makes 4 kebabs:
16 large raw king prawns
For the Marinade:
80ml olive oil
Juice of ½ lemon
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp. chopped mint
1 tbsp. chopped oregano
½ tsp. sumac
- Prepare the marinade by combining all of the marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the diced lamb, diced chicken and prawns to the marinade. Mix well, ensuring all the meats are well coated. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- To make the lamb kebabs, evenly place the marinated lamb to the skewers, alternating with the red onion.
- To make the chicken skewers, evenly place the marinated chicken to the skewers, alternating with the red and yellow pepper.
- To make the prawn kebabs, evenly place the prawns onto the skewers.
- Attach the GRILL PLATE and heat the Multi Cooker to MEDIUM. When the green light shows, place the lamb and chicken kebabs on the grill plate and grill for approximately 20 minutes, turning half way through the cooking time.
- When the lamb and chicken kebabs are ready, remove them from the grill and set aside. Place the prawn kebabs onto the grill plate and cook for 5 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Once cooked, serve the kebabs with grilled flatbreads and tzatziki.
Mussels or ‘Moules Marinière’ is a traditional French dish of mussels in a white wine sauce. It’s an easy dinner recipe, which can be ready in less than half an hour and is perfect served with crusty bread.
Servings: 2. Prep Time: 10 minutes. Cook Time: 15 minutes.
1kg fresh mussels
1 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 medium shallots, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
200ml dry white wine
Pinch of salt
½ bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Lemon wedge to garnish
- Rinse the mussels under cold water, pulling off any beards and discard any mussels that are broken or gaping open.
- Using the BAKING PAN, heat the oil and butter in the Multi Cooker on LOW. When the green light shows, add the shallots and garlic. Sauté the shallots for 5 minutes, or until soft and translucent.
- Add the wine and stir, until combined. Place the STEAMING TRAY over the top and tip the mussels into it.
- Cover with the lid and steam for 10 minutes on LOW. Stir the mussels from time to time during cooking.
- To serve the mussels, carefully lift out the steaming tray and tip the mussels into a serving dish. Remove any mussels that haven’t opened. Check the wine broth for seasoning, before pouring over the mussels.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon and serve with crusty bread.