Great cooking boils down to ingredients - the better the ingredients you choose the better the results. Le Creuset is no different. Like you, Le Creuset don't compromise when it comes to cooking, only Le Creuset ingredients happen to be iron, steel, clay, aluminium and silicone. Le Creuset cookware products will help you make the most of your ingredients just as they have made the most of theirs. Which is why Le Creuset believe that good food deserves Le Creuset.
Le Creuset began producing its first porcelain enamelled cast iron pots in 1925 from its foundry in Fresnoy le Grand, France. It is from this base that Le Creuset continues to produce its world famous cast iron cookware. While Le Creuset has expanded its portfolio of products and has taken advantage of many technological advances to create new and exciting ranges of cookware and accessories, some things have not changed in the manufacture of Le Creuset's cast iron range of products since its start in1925.
Le Creuset`s diverse portfolio of products include:Le Creuset Cast Iron Cookware
- Le Creuset's original and most well known range of products is its cast iron range. They are by way of their design, production methodology and functionality, literally unique. Each product is cast in its own sand mould, which is broken after casting. This creates an uniqueness for each item. After the casting, the production is hand finished by skilled French artisans, many of whom come from families that have been with the company for decades.
Multiple layers of incredibly strong, chip-resistant enamel are carefully applied to each piece. The enamelling process gives Le Creuset cast iron its characteristic beauty and creates a tough, non-reactive surface.
Le Creuset cast iron products are available in a wide variety of colours including: Volcanic (orange)
, Cerise (Red)
, Almond (Cream)
, Satin Black
, Marseille Blue
, Coastal Blue
.Le Creuset Satin Black Cast Iron Cookware
- Le Creuset Satin Black enamel has a smooth satiny feel to it, but it is not as glossy or smooth as other lighter enamel finishes. It has been especially designed for high "surface" temperature cooking for example searing and grilling. It has excellent, easy food release properties, which are enhanced once a natural surface PATINA develops. It is not a non-stick surface and Le Creuset makes no claims otherwise, but, once the patina covers the cooking surface the release of foods improves such that little, or no, fats or oils are required. Le Creuset Toughened Non-Stick (TNS) Cookware
- is a sleek range of versatile non-stick pans created with you in mind. Featuring a stylish design coupled with superb cooking results, a tough, effective non-stick surface and a special hard-anodised body combined to create a long-lasting range of cookware that are ideal for everyday use on any hob, including induction. Le Creuset, understand that life can be hectic and that you want to make quick, tasty meals without fuss. With lots of handy features, cooking becomes fast and fun whether you're preparing a quick supper after work, a tasty weekend lunch or something special for family and friends with this in mind Le Creuset created Toughened Non-Stick.Le Creuset 3-ply Cookware
- High grade 18/10 stainless steel and a dash of aluminium are the ingredients for the Le Creuset 3-ply cookware range of pans. The technically advanced 3-ply metal sandwich uses an aluminium core to spread the heat evenly through-out the whole pan, so there are no hotspots. Le Creuset 3-ply cookware is equally at home on a gas, solid plate or electric hobs and has been designed to work brilliantly on induction hobs too. There's a neat way to store lids and the entire rim of each pan has a cleverly designed lip that lets you pour from any angle without messy drips. Le Creuset 3-ply is covered by a lifetime guarantee and is dishwasher safe.Le Creuset Heart Collection
- Every day is Valentine's Day! Le Creuset's heart-shaped range of products including a cast iron casserole, stoneware dishes, petite casseroles and ramekins is perfect for cooks who want to add a special touch to their meals.Le Creuset Kettles
- Le Creuset traditional and kone whistling kettles manufactured from enamel on steel with a new and improved 20% louder whistle. Suitable for all heat sources including induction.